Thursday, January 19, 2012

Session last night at the Roadside Tavern in Lisdoonvarna and an amazing thing...

First I stopped to pick up my friend Dave in Doolin. He's got an extra dog; he's a fine looking guy and well mannered. He'd be a good friend to anyone. Honestly, I was tempted to take him but not certain I could get him through customs. Though I do have 2 passports, hum.....
 Another dark pub as the evening of fine music begins.
And here is the amazing thing. A few years ago now Rachel and I recorded a tune by Christy Barry. Well, Christy Barrly lives in Lidoonvarna and last night I got to play for him the recording from my I Phone. He absolutley loved it and said that the whistle player has fine "lift" in her playing and he thanked us for such a fine rendition his tune. It was an honor in deed! Christy is on the right below.

No comments:

Post a Comment